Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's...

...about time that I returned to sailing down miles of digital streams and shallows. That I relearn how to set off from a safe harbor and ventures down on bitter tasting salty streams, looking for sweet water ponds to quench my thirst.

It's about time to look into the horizon again and pursue that great white Idea that has always eluded me and for once show truly to the world my worst and my best. To wave the Jolly Roger in the air and raise white sails and talk of peaceful parley while pouring words into the thought of a cutlass until it can cut through anything and everything. To walk the plank and jump into the sea.

It's about time to stop messing about and start messing around. To charm ideas into sitting down next to me as I unravel them, layer by layer, until there's nothing left to do but to enjoy the taste and feel of what remains. To free a deep sigh of steam as the wheels of the heart are restarted, as the engine kicks off again and throws off the chill.

It's about time to go back to the roots. To have a nice cup of something new. To dig it all out, tear out the rotten parts and pour new life into it.

No comments: