Saturday, July 14, 2007

Crashed and burned

Feeling glum i wrote a bit that was beginning to puzzle my time spent playing computer games. It was a bit more relaxing than blasting my way through those levels and it felt a bit more satisfying.

***
I keep walking down the dark streets,
My legs tired from the walking I've done
And longing to catch one of those bus seats
But for now I don't feel like riding one

Cause I've been walking through the day
And I'll be walking long into the night
Since the sun don't shine during the day
And the stars fall apart from the sky tonight

All seems to have lost its feel and sparkle
The day's gone on bleak and troublesome
While water fell on a face as cold as marble
And all the goodness can't even spare a dime

Since then night's fading in white darkness
White since nothing is seen, nothing at all
Nothing can't make me show it any less
While all seems to be going down a bleak hall

My steps go farther away into the whitening space
Cause I've been chasing stars for all I've been
But mice will play tonight, so says fortune's dice
And I can't find my way back from all I've seen

In the light of what i was looking for I lost sight
Of what tied me to a ground that did not lose
So that was how I was crushed down in fright
For I was not able to see if I was at all close

I lost the sight that let me see what lied
Deep within the armor that all men wear
And grabbing the doorknob I sat and cried
Turning away for I couldn't bear to hear

To hear the tune of a land that wasn't seen
Cause in the years I've been gone far away
Hunting that angel that I haven't ever seen
I lost all trace of that first sunny day in may

When the sky cleared up to let me spy a sight
That I now want to have not been showed
And then I left behind what was my fright
For it seemed like the adventure that i loved

But it all ended poorly one my sight faded away
And i was lying in the wake of a traveled route
Steps going over me without me having a say
Since I could not look away from a paper kite

One that flew amongst the stars at night
And as I watched was struck by bolts of lightning
Letting both him and me fear the sharp light
That burned us at a speed that oddly felt endearing

He remembered the days when a string kept him
And I remember the day when angels met me
But we were left without a sting both me and him
And so it was that he left and also asked me

Asked me along with him into the sky above
For in my chasing of angels I've meet but stars
But I said no since i found where it lay, my love
And so I lay there in the grass, looking at the stars

And laughter came to my sad eyes one time
When I saw the angel again and finally knew
That just like me she did not give a dime
For we were both in the middle of the dew.

***
Don't ask where it came from...let's just say that love comes and goes, yet hearts are not forever.

No comments: